Hours: casual hours only
Remuneration: £9.50 per hour
Shift Pattern: N/A
We currently have part-time vacancies for SIA Event stewards at Barnsley Football Club and other events throughout the calendar year.
Rate of pay for this role is £9.50 per hour.
• Have the ability to work in both a team and individually
• Be able to communicate clearly and accurately with customers and fellow colleagues in a professional and polite manner at all times
• To provide a high standard of customer care
• Be prepared to investigate any disturbances or incidents reported
• Be a self-motivated individual who is comfortable with working in a varying range of different scenarios and working environments
• Have the ability to help the team carry out pre-event safety checks of the venue
• Be able to confidently search people & possessions to ensure no unauthorised or dangerous items are brought in to the venue
• Ensure an even flow of people entering the venue at all times
• Be responsible for monitoring crowds for signs of overcrowding and difficulties in busy areas
• Have the ability to defuse potential problem situations from escalating further
• Be ready to respond to emergencies – by raising the alarm and providing necessary and appropriate immediate help and assisting the emergency services as required
• You must hold an SIA Door Supervisor Licence to be considered for this role
• You must be an outgoing individual with excellent communication skills
• Applicants should be flexible as shifts can sometimes begin early and can finish late in the day
No previous event experience is necessary as we will provide you with full NVQ training and qualifications.
Please note that this position is casual hours only.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation.
All successful applicants will receive an email inviting them to a job induction so please ensure you provide a valid email address with your application.